Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mine is bigger then yours

Scar that is! After reading a post on one of my favorite blogs about scars (you can read HERE), it had me thinking about one of my childhood scars. I have a few but the one that draws most attention is the one on my wrist. I think when most people see it they think I have tried to kill myself. That is not what happened! When I was ten I got cut by a big piece of glass. It was one of those times where I were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was playing with one of my friends, at her house, and her teenage bothers had a few friends over. We were all horse-playing around, when one of the boys slammed the front glass storm door. I was standing off to the side. The door shattered. We all look around at each other in shock, waiting to see who was going to get in trouble for the busted door. As I stood there I felt something run down my hand. When I looked my hand was covered in blood, dripping on to the ground. I started screaming and ran across the street to my house. When I ran in the door screaming and bleeding my mother freaked out. She grabbed the toilet paper (not the best choice) and wrapped it around my wrist. We then ran across the street to where my grandparents lived. They had to pin me down to clean it out and find were all the blood was coming from...oh and pull the pieces of toilet paper that stuck to it off. They rushed me off to the ER.
It turned out that I only came centimeters from hitting my main arteries. I ended up needing a skin graph. So I had surgery to remove skin off of my butt to put on my arm. I got 132 stitches. And this killer scar....

Doesn't it make me look dangerous..LOL!
So now when ever anybody makes me mad I can tell them to kiss my ass right here *holding up my wrist*!

No comments: